synonyms: genu valgum, knock-knee
Genu Valgum ICD-10
Genu Valgum ICD-9
- 755.64 Congenital deformity of knee genu valgum, genu varum, absence of patella, rudimentary patella
- 736.41 Genu Valgum (acquired)
Genu Valgum Natural History, Etiology
- adolescent idiopathic genu valgum is unlikely to spontaneously improve
- leads to degenerative problems of the anterior & lateral compartments of the knee.
Genu Valgum Clinical Evaluation
- may cause anterior knee pain, PF instability, circumduction gait, & difficulty running.
Genu Valgum Treatment
- Proximal medial tibial epiphyseal stapling allows correction of the deformity & is more predictable than proximal medial tibial hemiepiphyseodesis in correcting a deformity.
Genu Valgum Associated Conditions
- Idiopathic genu valgus
- Skeletal dysplasia
- Metabolic bone disease
- Renal disease
Genu Valgum References
- Stevens PM, Maguire M, Dales MD, Robins AJ: Physeal stapling for idiopathic genu valgum. JPO 1999; 19:645-649.
- White GR, Mencio GA: Genu valgum in children: Diagnosis and therapeutic alternatives. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 1995;3:275-283