Iliac Apophysitis ICD-10
Iliac Apophysitis ICD-9
- 732.9 Unspecified osteochondropathy
Iliac Apophysitis Etiology / Epidemiology / Natural History
- Overuse injury, typically occurs after repetitive activities in adolescents with excessively tight hip and thigh muscles.
- Most commonly affects the anterior superior iliac spine (ASIS), the anterior inferior iliac spine (AIIS) and the iliac crest.
- Runners, sprinters, dancers, soccer players and ice hockey players.
Iliac Apophysitis Anatomy
Iliac Apophysitis Clinical Evaluation
- Dull pain in the groin or the front or side of the hip. Exacerbated by activity.
- Tenderness over the affected apophysis.
Iliac Apophysitis Xray / Diagnositc Tests
Iliac Apophysitis Classification / Treatment
- Rest from irritating activities until the pain and tenderness resolve. Ice, gentle stretching and strengthening of the hip flexors and abdominal muscles. Advance to jogging and sport-specific activities when painfree.
Iliac Apophysitis Associated Injuries / Differential Diagnosis
Iliac Apophysitis Complications
Iliac Apophysitis Follow-up Care
Iliac Apophysitis Review References