Psoriatic Arthritis ICD-10
- L40.50 Arthropathic psoriasis, unspecified
Psoriatic Arthritis ICD-9
- 696.0 Psoriatic arthropathy
- 713.3 Arthropathy associated with dermatological disorders
- 696 Psoriasis and similar disorders
Psoriatic Arthritis Etiology / Epidemiology / Natural History
- Affects 20-30% of patients with psoriasis. Arthritis preceeds skin lesions in 15% of patients
- Men = women
Psoriatic Arthritis Anatomy
Psoriatic Arthritis Clinical Evaluation
- Nail pitting and onycholysis
- May have distal arthritis (DIP joints), asymmetric arthritis(<5 joints in asymmetric distribution), Symmetric polyarthritis (similar to RA), arthritis mutilans(deforming/destrictive), spondyloarthritis(sacroiliitis, spondylitis).
Psoriatic Arthritis Xray / Diagnositc Tests
Psoriatic Arthritis Classification / Treatment
- Generally referred to Rheumatologist for disease modifying treatment. Infliximab (targets TNF), etanerceopt(targets TNF), adalimumab(targets TNF), methotrexate, cyclosporine. Medications have many sometimes severe adverse effects.
Psoriatic Arthritis Associated Injuries / Differential Diagnosis
Psoriatic Arthritis Complications
- Adverse medication reactions: TB reactivation, pneumoxystis carinii, candidiasis, histoplasmosis, listeriosis, nocardiosis, aspergillosis, cytomegalovirus, cryptococcosis, coccidioidmyocosis, demyelinating disease, infusion/injection reactions, malignancy, CHF
Psoriatic Arthritis Follow-up Care
- Generally refer to rheumatology for medical management.
Psoriatic Arthritis Review References